Help us reach more youth worldwide by supporting the creation of engaging content and its translation into multiple languages.
This year we are focusing on raising support for two programs, duruing our Giving Tuesday and year-end fundraising effort. In addition to Rethink.Refill., the creation of educational resources, and their translation to multiple languages, is of urgent need. We are currently in need of funding for the following:
- Translation of our existing films into Mandarin, French, Portuguese and Arabic. Additional languages planned are Japanese, Korean, Thai, Vietnamese and Tagalog. Visit our film library HERE.
- Creating a short version of our award-winning feature-length documentary, Eating Up Easter. We will cut a 20 to 30-minute version that can be viewed and discussed in one class setting.
- Translation of the existing Eating Up Easter discussion guide into Mandarin, French, Portuguese and Arabic. Additional languages planned are Japanese, Korean, Thai, Vietnamese and Tagalog.
- Completion of a currently in process education guide for Earth’s Ekko, our short film for kids ged 5 to 10-years-old. We will also need to translate this guide into the languages mentioned above.
- Creation of plastic pollution and sustainability beginners guide for kids. We also hope to translate this into the languages mentioned above.
- Creation of a static and animated infographic that provides a simple explanation of what a circular economy is. Again, translation to other languages will be done as funding allows.
- Creation of social media friendly videos and graphics that will appeal to youth.
Funding goal to reach by the new year: $20,000.
We believe that youth are at the core of how we will solve the environmental perils that our planet faces, including plastic pollution. Through film and other engaging content, is how to best connect with kids, informing them on the facts and inspiring them to be part of the solution.
We have found that once kids understand the issues, they quickly begin rethinking their relationship with plastic and how all their actions impact the planet, wildlife and even their own health.
Please help us further our efforts to reach every child on Earth with content they can understand, embrace, and share with others – including with mom, dad, grandma and grandpa!