The Pico Youth and Family Center (PYFC) recently partnered with the Plastic Oceans Foundation (Plastic Oceans) to organize a rally and lobbying effort for a single-use plastic straw ban in Santa Monica, California.
Please Join Us for a Day of Honoring Our Oceans!
The Plastic Oceans Foundation, in partnership with Tras La Perla de la América, is leading a beach cleanup in Santa Monica, California, on World Oceans Day – June 8, 2018. Please join us to show some love for our oceans and to help raise awareness about plastic pollution.
We will provide the following:
- FREE T-shirts. Supplies and sizes are limited.
Volunteers, please bring the following:
- A reusable plastic water bottle
- Plenty of passion and smiles!
We will be setup up directly across from Perry’s Cafe. See address and map below. Please note that we will be taking photos and shooting video during the cleanup. Please help build our wave of change by taking plenty of photos and sharing them on social media using the three hashtags that you see below.
For any questions, please contact Brigette at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To help us plan, if you will be joining us, please visit the Facebook event and indicate that you are going. Link is below.
- Sarah Ferguson Sets A New World Record! 03/20/2019
- Sarah Ferguson Interviewed by Ethan Bearman on San Francisco’s KGO 03/06/2019
- Why Rapa Nui? 03/06/2019
- Consistency: The Key to Setting A New World Record at Easter Island 02/23/2019